Friday, June 3, 2005

SP5 Questionaire... the first 10

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?



I am a moderate yarn snob. While I don't want to use Red Heart's scratchy, yucky
acrylic, I have no problems with acrylic-natural blends. And I *love* anything
that is very soft... merino, microfiber, good acrylic, fancy cotton. I dislike
scratchy, rough wool as much as acrylic. And I have a TON of LB Homespun, and
would rather never see the stuff again.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?


I would love to learn how to spin (drop
spindle) and needle-felt, but I don't do either of those things right
now. I did just get a Lili la
Malice
"Make your own felted beads" kit from the Sampler Shop, and the soft fluffy
roving makes me want to do things beyond roll felted beads.

Crochet was what I did before I learned to knit. I thought that it
would be easier because it would only have one pointy object (the hook), but
once I learned to knit there was no turning back. Knits look nicer and its
much easier to lose your place and direction with crochet.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Strong smells -- esp. smoke, moth-repellents, wet dog -- are gross.
But no direct allergies.

4. How long have you been knitting?

I learned to knit about two and a half years ago, but I've only been really into
it (besides the occasional scarf) since I finished school in December and needed
something to focus my evening energies on.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope, should I? I tend to keep one at KnitPicks, but only as a friendly
reminder to myself.

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Unscented? Is that an option? Or lavender. I like lavender
recently. Not vanilla, for sure.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
Yes, yes I do! Chocolate and gummies, especially.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I like to do glass etching, needlepoint, embroidery on dish towels.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

My computer can play MP3s. I don't have a tape player at all.
Someday soon I might have an iPod. My preference of formats is regular old
audio CD, it will play in the car.

Stylistically, girls with guitars (hard rock, bluegrass, folk, punk, emo...
anything if its a female voice and a guitar). And cheesy girl pop (like
80s Madonna and Avril). And solo men with guitars and backing bands
(Clapton, James Taylor). Really, its all about the guitars and voices and
lyrics. But not Belle and Sebastian. They put me to sleep. Literally.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color
family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love Blue. Process Blue, Royal Blue, Sky Blue. Anything in
the
Red-Purple-Blue family pleases me. I like bright colors. And
varigated
colors. And for myself, I really don't like orange. Cooler
shades of the
warm colors are good though.

To my Secret Pal: anything would probably please me. And more answers to follow, though I have stolen enough time now.

No comments: