Friday, July 20, 2007
Now, onto the fun stuff.
I have had an Etsy account and an empty shop for years now (since November 2005, right after they started), and have decided to really try my hand at crafting for sale. The product line, at this point, will include record bowls, woven flowers, coasters/mug rugs and spiral notebooks. The notebooks are the things that I am most excited about, as I have some great ideas for them and a coil binding machine (manual punch, electric roller insertion) on its way from Canada, and supplies on order from a US vendor. As much as eBay is annoying, you can get good deals there with a lot of effort (and the help of eSnipe).
You can help me out in a number of ways, some of them right now, and others in the future (watch this space!).
- Go to my etsy shop here: Bee-Ewe-Tee-Full Creations and "heart" me to put me on your favorite shops list.
- I have a logo of sorts that I have used in the past for tagging items under this name. If you are able to help, I need some graphic design help, once I scan in the sketch that I do. I've got that covered at a friend's house.
- If you have any sort of interesting stuff you think I should use as notebook covers, old vinyl records or unused paper (blank, lined, gridded, colored, etc...), let me know and I probably will make it into stuff.
- When the binding machine gets here, I will be more than happy to beat Kinko's price and make your books for you! The thing needs to earn its keep, even if it is making workbooks and marketing material, or securing your knitting pattern booklets.
- There will be some naming contests coming up on this here blog! With prizes!
Monday, July 16, 2007
You are The Star
Hope, expectation, Bright promises.
The Star is one of the great cards of faith, dreams realised
The Star is a card that looks to the future. It does not predict any immediate or powerful change, but it does predict hope and healing. This card suggests clarity of vision, spiritual insight. And, most importantly, that unexpected help will be coming, with water to quench your thirst, with a guiding light to the future. They might say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.
What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.
So why am I telling you? Because if you go over there, and enter (just leave your email address in the comment) and tell her that I sent you (I suspect that Katy is good enough, but its not like my full name is much of a secret), then I get another entry in the hat.
I know that many of you are not knitters. That does not matter. Go over there, enter, tell her I sent you, and if you happen to win, have her send the prize to me, and I will send you a prize of some sort (TBD depending on who the winner is and what they would consider a good prize) for helping me win.
Go, now, yes, you! Enter the contest, and help me win a book and yarn! Why? Because you love me, and I'm a wool pig.