Saturday, August 6, 2005

Short Hair

Kate has asked if short hair is really better. The answer is no.

I like being able to put my hair in a ponytail that doesn't look ridiculous. I don't have to blowdry it if I don't mind it being wet. I can make it be pretty in many different ways if I care that much. I look like a girl. I can braid it. I only have to get it cut when I feel like it, instead of every 4-6 weeks. It doesn't get in my eyes when it grows. No one calls me "sir" on the bus. If I wear it down, the shop guys tell me I look pretty (that's a double-edged sword, but a girl needs an ego boost sometimes).

Short hair took just as much or more work and was less attractive. That's all there is to say.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Fair enough. I only asked cause I couldn't think of anything else and you seemed to rock it for pretty much the whole time I knew you. In fact, the only time I ever saw you with long hair was in pictures. I have friends who say it's easier. I never went THAT short, but didn't like it very much when it was as short as I let it get.