Saturday, August 6, 2005

I'm a follower, but its fun!

From There are no bad ideas via SBR: Selectively Biased Rants

1. Reply with your name and I'll respond with something random about you.
2. I'll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I'll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me (maybe/maybe not).
5. I'll tell you my first memory of you.
6. I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I'll ask you something that I've always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your journal.

I think that I am going to change #6 to what I would hire you for at CSSI, if any job was available.

Here's what David has to say about me... (he switched animal for "picks a job for you from ArtSearch")

1. You're a paperwork machine.

uh, if you say so... which you do.

2. Green Eyed Lady

Brown Eyed Girl

3. Berry Blue

That's a Jell-O flavor? ick. why eats that?

4. Beware of Shiny Object Boy

I can only imagine that this refers to Mr. Train, but maybe not. He's the only Shiny Object Boy that I have to watch out for though.

5. I remember you critting your first year before I had you in class. Something about some huge group project for Basic Design.

Yes, that was the Grandfather Clock. We had to incorporate color theory into some form of sculpture or model. So we did ours based on the Norse mythology of Loki. The group was Val, Nick, Alex, Ellen, Holly and I. Just imagine that group. Think real hard. Now laugh. You can imagine how the dymanics there worked out.

6. ASSISTANT TECHNICAL DIRECTOR - Houston, TX, US
Job posted on August 2, 2005

The nationally recognized Alley Theatre (LORT B and C) seeks qualified individual for year-round position of Assistant Technical Director. Major responsibilities include CAD drafting with AutoCAD 2005, ordering materials and supplies, working with motion control, and shop supervision. Computer skills necessary. The Alley produces a minimum of nine shows in two spaces over ten months, plus a two-show summer series. Ability to work with varied personalities and time tables a must. Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits package. Send resume and references to Kristin Fox Siegmund, Production Manager, ALLEY THEATRE, 615 Texas Ave., Houston, TX 77002. Fax: 713-228-0527. Email: jamieg@alleytheatre.org. No phone calls, please. EOE.

The Alley sure seems to be changing a fair bit of staff this year. For right now, I like my job, but that is the kind of job that I would want, so good picking.

7. Are you really a klutz?

I'm more messy than klutzy, and definitely not graceful by any definition. However, I seem to only get seriously hurt when I have too much on my mind or I'm angry or stressed. My solution to this is to stay away from dangerous things (like bunk beds and power tools) and to try to maintain calm and peace in my life.

No comments: