Saturday, July 29, 2006

What I'm making

I found a new designer today whose work I like. Her name is Miriam Felton, she designed the Icarus shawl in the current (Summer 2006) issue of Interweave Knits and she has some free patterns available here. I bought some Lorna's Laces Fisherman yarn in the Irving Park colorway for my OSSP exchange, from my favorite yarn store in Michigan, to knit into a bag of some sort for the August finished object mailing. I've been looking for just the right bag pattern that would call for a total of no-more-than 500 yards of worsted weight yarn, and still be practical enough for a high school English teacher and Mom, and be interesting for me to knit. I am going to make the Retro Wedge Felted Bag (.pdf). It involves short rows (woohoo!), and I'll learn two new things, the provisional cast-on and the welt.

There is the yarn on the swift, waiting to be wound into a ball. It looks so pretty, so full of possibilities.

And here it is fresh off the ballwinder, even closer to its future baginess.
And a cool little graphic-y doodad of a photo:

No comments: