Thursday, February 24, 2005

A gold star

Its good to know that in a conservatory program, you learn skills that are directly applicable to the "real" world. After how many years (3+, I think) of estimating materials for scenery in school, I have successfully done the first pass at it for a real, commercial shop. And KZ did not throw it back in my face. I suspect that it was a little slow for his tastes, but we had the sheets to the dept. heads by lunch, tagged and everything. That's another thing that I like about this project management gig... I don't have to estimate the labor as standard procedure. Labor estimation was never my strong suit in school, and now I just have to estimate the non-construction depts. That is still tricky stuff, but I personally am not the one to do it right now.

You know, I'm probably not as smart as I feel sometimes, I've just had good luck. If you go to college-prep high school, you should be able to do well in college. If in college, the models upon which your education is based are YRT/YSD and CSSI, then when you go to those places, you should be able to do well. Not that I'm complaining, mind you.

Keep Smiling! =)

No comments: