Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Wardrobe Change?

I think that it is time for a wardrobe update, and the only things that I found at Marshall's recently that I found acceptable were a pair of brown corduroy pants and a made-in-China fair isle-style cardigan sweater. What I really want to be wearing is a wintry update to my new-to-me summer style.

What do I want to find? I want to be wearing jumper-style dresses (pinafores across the pond, apparently) over long sleeve t-shirts with cardigan sweaters over top, with thick warm tights and chunky mary janes. I've got the t-shirts. And some black Keen mary janes. But the dresses? And tights? I'm at a loss. Send links! Or hand-me-down clothes would be fine too.

In knitting news, my long-past-due Sockapalooza 4 socks are complete. The box will be going out in the mail later on today (its just past midnight here, so its technically the same day). I am so glad to have this monkey off my back. Next up on the queue? Test knitting some baby pants for Shelly Kang. I should go and pack those up for the trip to MSP tomorrow. I expect to be waiting out craptastic weather for a long time at MDW late tomorrow evening, but at least I'm checked in, and seated in row 9 instead of 17, and not in a middle seat. It'll be fine. As its the last flight to MSP on NWA tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that it will go, but probably not on-time. I've got knitting and reading, so I'll be fine and dandy as long as we get there.

No comments: