Thursday, December 2, 2004

notes out my ears

So, the notes took WAY longer than expected today. But the stairs spin. However, it is a big hassle to reset the scenery, so there will be a sign on the Fire Curtain box before the crew call that says something along the lines of "Don't run the fire curtain unless ther is an ACTUAL fire onstage because the set will move and the reset is annoying and time consuming."

As I type this, I am thinking about how to keep the stairs from pulling away from the lower platform, and it seems that a small cylinder acting as a pin would work, plumbed off of the main cylinder with Tees, but I'm not sure how to make it so that it actually holds without preventing the fire curtain actuated motion. Suggestions? Please comment.

The flashing is on and looks nice. I used the not-smelly contact cement this time. It takes longer to dry, but no one complains about fumes.

The doors have been wiped down. I guess that they are cleaner, there was some dirt/dust on the rag. The escape railing that was loose is now tight.

The proscenium masking is not any better, but I didn't get to that today, so I wouldn't expect it to be any better.

There is production management homework due tomorrow. That makes me sad =(

I still smell bad. Ick. Should go home and solve that problem. All day I have been working toward that goal. It is the prize for finishing the notes... a shower. But then the notes took forever, so I had an intermediate prize of soup for lunch.

Another realization as I type this... I didn't dress the air hose up off the floor. Got to do that or someone will eat my face. toodle-oo

No comments: